This week’s TBT is all about the Civilian Conservation Corps. The Corps, establi…
This week’s TBT is all about the Civilian Conservation Corps. The Corps, established by Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933, served as an anti-depression measure to help relieve unemployment.
On October 5, 1935, Littleton became the administrative headquarters for the Corps Camps. Located at the former Leyner/Ingersoll-Rand plant, now Belleview and Rio Grande Avenue, the headquarters distributed supplies to work camps throughout Wyoming and Colorado, including camps in Morrison and Castle Rock. This commemorative envelope and stamp, issued by the United States Postal Service, serves to highlight the history of the Civilian Conservation Corps at its 50th anniversary in 1983.
#LittletonMuseum #CivilianConservationCorps #TBT